July 2, 2020
Happy 4th of July
4th of July is a great day for our country - I’m proud to be a part of the most wonderful country in the world! The celebrations will look different this year, shorn of parades and city firework displays but the meaning remains the same. I hope you find special ways to celebrate our nation’s freedom and independence and wish you a Happy 4th of July.
“America was not built of fear. America was built on courage, on imagination, and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” Harry S. Truman
Executive Order Update
The news of the past week has been filled with stories about major cities taking steps back from their reopening plans. Restaurants are closing, wearing masks being mandated and reported cases of COVID-19 escalating at a rapid pace. In Michigan, Governor Whitmer continues to take steps to ensure the safety of our citizens. To that end, Executive Order 2020-136 was issued on June 26, 2020. The order extends the no visitation into residential care facilities and congregate care facilities until July 24. While this isn’t the news we want to hear, we respect the decision and the importance it imparts on keeping our residents and staff safe. On June 30, an Emergency Order from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services was issued. The order provides guidance on exceptions to temporary restrictions on entry into residential care facilities. Our COVID-19 Task Force is evaluating the order and putting procedures in place to take advantage of the new guidance. We will share more information related to this next week.
We’ve Been Busy!
Our Capital Projects and Facilities Team have been busy working on several enhancements at our Franklin community. We are so excited and hope you are too. Here’s what they’ve been busy with:
- New patio furniture in the Chatterbox patio
- New patio furniture in the main dining room and employee courtyards
- A new door between the main dining room and the courtyard, all other doors have a fresh coat of paint
- Bright yellow umbrellas in the BK area patio
- 1st floor manor hallway has new paint, flooring (coming soon), ceiling tiles and lighting – the residents and Finance office team loves this!
- The laundry room in 1st floor manor has been updated with new flooring, lights, paint, décor and a new dryer
- The pool locker rooms have been redesigned and renovated including new lockers/storage areas, new vanities, new lighting, colorful ceramic tile, new partitions, and new shower curtains
- A new door at Exit 20
- The BK deck will receive a new coating
- New door and flooring at Exit 3
- Various landscaping projects
- Several Towne Home projects
Would you prefer to pick up your meals rather than have them delivered? If so, you can now pick up your meals inside the main dining room entrance. Here’s the process:
- When ordering your meals please indicate which meals you plan to pick up. You can note this on the form you complete or tell the staff if you call in to place your order(s)
- You must specify the time to ensure your meal is ready and waiting for you. Available times between:
- Breakfast 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Dinner 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
If you have questions, please call Dining Services at 278-6660 ext. 1
We are Community.
We are Clark.
Brian A. Pangle