UPDATE: March 27, 2020 – 6:45 p.m.
“Stay Home, Stay Safe”
The “Stay Home. Stay Safe.” Executive Order issued by Governor Whitmer emphasized the need to intensify our efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19. We are in 100% support of the order and implore all residents, families and loved ones to follow the order. Click here to read the Executive Order.
The order stipulates people may not visit someone in a residential care facility. To that end, we have made the following changes:
- “Window Visits”
Supportive “window visits” are no longer allowed
- Independent Living – Towne Home and Sherman Court Visitors
“Stay Home, Stay Safe” also applies to visits to Towne Homes and Sherman Court
Deliveries to Residents
- Delivery of essential items is allowed (groceries, laundry, personal care items, etc.)
- We sanitize all deliveries – please use plastic bags only.
- Deliveries are accepted between 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday. Deliveries go to Entrance 24 on the Franklin campus (adjacent to the main entrance) and at the main entrance of Windsor Manor at Keller Lake.
- We will accept the delivery – please do not visit when making deliveries.
- We can no longer accept flower deliveries.
Retrieving Mail and Laundry
- Please retrieve mail and laundry between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. at entrance 24 on the Franklin campus (adjacent to the main entrance) and at the main entrance at Windsor Manor at Keller Lake.
- We will not notify you of if there is mail or laundry to pick-up.
Emotional Well Being
We understand every change we make to the normal flow of life can have an emotional impact. Our commitment to emotionally nurture our residents is exemplified every day in many ways, big and small.
- We make touch base phone calls to residents who we don’t have frequent contact with. We chat and make sure all is well.
- Spiritual care is offered in many ways – our pastoral care team records services that are available on Chanel 15. Calls to listen, comfort, and pray are made every day.
- Our facilities team decided to lighten up the courtyard by plugging our Christmas lights in!
- Our dining service team has delivered over 6,427 meals since March 25.
- Stay-at-Home BINGO is played every Thursday – it’s amazing how many winners there are when a game is virtual!
- Over 50 SKYPE visits have been made, please contact us if you would like to arrange a call.
- Staff are taking Assisted Living residents for walks outside.
- Music therapy is offered through various technologies.
- Thursday Sing-Along led by Chris Simons and JoAnn Abraham. They sing up and down the halls. Yes, they practice social distancing!
- We just concluded week two of delivering fresh baked cookies to every resident, complete with a warm smile!
- Programming on Channel 15 continues to evolve with new features including exercise videos recorded by Kensey Maurer, our Wellness Specialist.
- Our carillon bells are programmed to play We Shall Overcome – something special for residents and our neighbors.
- Patio furniture made an early arrival so residents can sit an enjoy Spring.
- Every day we receive cards from well-wishers. After keeping them in “quarantine” for 48 hours, we deliver them to residents.
- Contact your loved ones frequently with phone calls, cards, and letters.
- Respect the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order.
- Donate to the Clark COVID-19 Care Fund. Your financial support is needed now more than ever to assist with the unanticipated expenses of additional personal protective equipment and supplies, overtime, increased staffing and extra assistance for staff with childcare expenses.
Remember“Stay Home, Stay Safe”
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover coughs and sneezes (not with your hands)
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from others
- Keep our residents and staff in your prayers
The Governor of Minnesota created a video that is worthy of viewing. The content reinforces the steps we have taken to keep residents and staff safe. It’s also informative about actions you can that to keep your family and friends safe. https://youtu.be/_OT5PaxGKvU
We are Community.
We are Clark.