May 10, 2020 - 5:00 p.m.
We learned this afternoon an Independent Living resident who resides in our Manor apartments tested positive for coronavirus. The resident self-reported mild symptoms on Tuesday, was tested on Friday, and has been in quarantine since then. We are notifying you out of an abundance of caution as we trace residents and staff the resident may have come in contact with. We follow guidance from the CDC, Kent County Health Department, and our Medical Director, Dr. Jim Passinault to determine if testing is recommended for additional residents and staff.
Over the past several weeks we have implemented many measures to increase safety and limit unnecessary exposure:
- Daily monitoring of symptoms and taking temperatures of residents in Manor Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing
- Providing appropriate PPE for our staff
- Extra cleaning throughout our communities and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas
- Adhering to rigorous quality and safety practices and infection control guidelines
- Screening all staff before they enter our community and limiting the number of contracted medical professions who enter buildings
- Requiring everyone wear a face mask in hallways and common areas
- Following the executive order not allowing visitors in the Franklin campus main building
Residents who reside in independent living areas must take precautions to minimize your risk of exposure:
- Wear a mask whenever you leave your apartment. Your mask must cover your nose and mouth
- Stay a minimum of 6 feet away for others in common areas and if visiting with residents in your apartment
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds - use the hand sanitizer dispensers placed throughout the building for added protection
- If you experience symptoms including: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell please notify the Sherman Street Clinic at 616-278-6581 or your primary care physician
We will provide updated information over the next several days. In the meantime if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
Lisa Spangler, Director of Resident Living
Nicole Swart, Executive Director
Thank you for your patience and support.
We are Community.
We are Clark.
Brian A. Pangle