May 20, 2020 - 2:30 p.m.
Yesterday we learned an Assisted Living resident from 4th Floor Chapelside tested positive for coronavirus. Out of an abundance of caution and under the direction of our Medical Director, Dr. Jim Passinault, we are testing Chapelside Assisted Living residents and
several staff members for the virus.
As we know, the coronavirus is spread mainly from person-to-person through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks. We can’t
emphasize enough the importance of following all safety measures:
- Wear your mask whenever you leave your apartment. Your mask must cover your nose and mouth
- Stay a minimum of 6 feet away from others in common areas and when visiting with residents in your apartment or in patio areas
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds - use the hand sanitizer dispensers placed throughout the building for added protection
- If you experience symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell please notify the Sherman Street Clinic at 616-278-6581 or your primary care physician
Clark remains committed to rigorous safety measures to limit exposure:
- Daily monitoring of symptoms and taking temperatures of residents in Manor Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing
- Providing appropriate PPE for our staff
- Extra cleaning throughout our communities and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas
- Adhering to rigorous quality and safety practices and infection control guidelines
- Screening all staff before they enter our community and limiting the number of contracted medical professions who enter our buildings
- Requiring everyone wear a face mask in hallways and common areas
- Following the executive order by not allowing visitors in the Franklin campus main building
If you have questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact:
Lisa Spangler, Director of Resident Living
Nicole Swart, Executive Director
We thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding.
We are Community.
We are Clark.
Brian A. Pangle