Director of Assisted Living
1551 Franklin St., Grand Rapids, MI 49506
5+ years of healthcare administration, preferably in a long-term care setting
RN License (preferred); LPN will be considered
We’re currently searching for a Director of Assisted Living to join the Clark team at our Franklin campus! The ideal candidate must have significant leadership, supervisory and clinical skills. They must have the ability to organize, plan, delegate responsibilities and be able to promote a positive, caring and safe environment for all the residents and staff members.
- Manage the AL operations within budgeted resources ensuring financial viability and quality of life for residents
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude and be dynamic and focused on creating a resident-centered care environment.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Must be able to plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, benchmark, and direct staff to ensure high quality resident care
- Provides clinical and administrative leadership planning, organizing, directing, monitoring, and evaluating safe, superior, and quality resident care to ensure the advancement of clinical practice and resident care
- Investigates and ensures completion of incident reports including completion of appropriate interventions in a timely manner.
- Oversees Assisted Living’s Quality Assessment and Assurance Program for campus. Initiates risk management action plans to ensure quality care goals are met.
- Performs pre-admission assessments of all potential residents. Assists in orienting new residents to the physical environment and community culture.
- Supporting leadership by aligning departmental goals with the overall strategic plan of the organization
- Review caseloads regularly to ensure appropriate utilization of services, acuity, and staffing models
- Ensure that procedures and workflow are consistent with organizational objectives, treatment protocols, regulations, and standards of care.
- Assures required and supplemental in‑service education programs appropriate for all clinical job categories and related staff to increase knowledge of competence in job skills for the benefit of staff and residents
- Participates in transition and interdisciplinary team meetings with the appropriate team members
- Coordinate with facilities management to ensure buildings, grounds and equipment are maintained in a clean and safe manner
- Participate as a member of the Operations team, Clark’s leadership forum, and other committees as assigned
- An expert on assisted living regulations and able to translate them into solid operational practices and staff performance.
- Adhere to the principles of Service Excellence
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in health care administration, preferably in a long-term setting
- Experience working with persons with dementia (additional training will be provided)
- Proven experience in budgeting and human resources
- Great organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Completion of Core Dementia training within the first 90 days of employment (training provided at Clark)
Clark is a Life Plan Community with a continuum of care. Our staff of professionals are committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. Clark at Franklin is located on the South East side of Grand Rapids, nearest to the East Grand Rapids area. Clark is a growing organization and provides independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and access to other ancillary services. We pride ourselves on our Life Enrichment Montessori programming to create a high quality of life environment for our residents.
What We Offer:
Clark offers a benefits package that goes above and beyond.*
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including planned time off, sick time, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Clark sponsored Health Savings Account
- 403(b) program with Clark match and annual contribution (age 21 or older)
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to promote lifelong learning and career advancement
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance – 100% coverage by Clark
- Easy access to public transportation
- Discounts to local and national companies
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Clark is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clark values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named on of “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for three years in a row.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.