Receptionist – Franklin Campus
1551 Franklin St SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49506
1 or more years of experience in a receptionist or relevant role
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
We’re seeking a part-time receptionist to join our Franklin campus hospitality/concierge team within the Clark Life Plan Community. The receptionist will have strong communication and computer skills and provide a positive first impression, showing our residents that we provide unsurpassed hospitality! This person will work every other weekend, 6-hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday.
- Operates multi-line phone system and answer calls as quickly as possible in a polite, personal, and friendly manner
- Transfer calls to appropriate areas/staff member. Take message when needed and ensure message is sent to appropriate staff/area
- Greets and monitor visitors at main entrance and see that they are directed to the appropriate individual who can assist them ensuring that all visitors contractors sign in and wear appropriate badges according to policy and procedure
- Monitor emergency situations, direct staff to emergent situations, call emergency personnel as needed, contact appropriate staff. Utilize overhead paging system to alert residents/visitors/staff of emergency situations
- Maintains various files of residents’ names, room locations for visitor entry system, phone bridge system, mail room, reception area and coat room
- Keeps mailboxes in post office and coat room up-to-date
- Prepares daily Clark What’s Happening with current activities and updates
- Comply with HIPAA in all communications and other aspects of the position
- Supervises package delivery, flower deliveries, and distributes birthday and anniversary cards
- Assists with various typing, reporting requirements, computer, and other functions for supervisor and any department as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Clark is a Life Plan Community with a continuum of care. Our staff of professionals are committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. Clark at Franklin is located on the South East side of Grand Rapids, nearest to the East Grand Rapids area. Clark is a growing organization and provides independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and access to other ancillary services. We pride ourselves on our Life Enrichment Montessori programming to create a high quality of life environment for our residents.
What We Offer:
Clark offers a benefits package that goes above and beyond.*
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including planned time off, sick time, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for Full Time employees
- Clark sponsored Health Savings Account
- 403(b) program with Clark match and annual contribution (age 21 or older)
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to promote lifelong learning and career advancement
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance – 100% coverage by Clark
- Easy access to public transportation
- Discounts to local and national companies
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Clark is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clark values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named on of “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for three years in a row.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.