Temporary Resident and Volunteer Assistant
1551 Franklin St., Grand Rapids, MI
- Weekday afternoons, some weekend coverage?
- Helping with resident transportation and supervision for window/outdoor visits for Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing.
- LE Specialist will schedule the visits with families, will then put it on the assistant’s calendar for staff member to manage visit.
Volunteer Coordinator Coverage
- Manage Inventory
- Determine items that are out of stock
- HT Hackney: ordering items online, receiving and back stocking items, stocking shelves
- Pulling and disposing of expired items from shelves
- Packing and shipping select expired grocery items for credit
- Price and put out items in Mini Mart
- Email Chris Barnard to order additional items for the mini mart that Chris orders
- Ordering Milk & Bread
- Stock Milk/Bread on Tuesdays
- Dumping expired milk, tossing expired bread
- Manage greeting cards
- Writing Trivia/hosting Trivia on Mondays
Miscellaneous Administrative support
- Creating promotional materials for upcoming programs, drafting communication to residents, etc.
Assisted Living LE
- Monday – Friday mornings
- Assist the LE Specialist with duties as needed
- Lead group activities in memory care and complete one on ones with residents.
- Assist with virtual and in-person visitation as needed.
- Assist with outings as needed.
Clark is a Life Plan Community with a continuum of care. Our staff of professionals are committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. Clark at Franklin is located on the South East side of Grand Rapids, nearest to the East Grand Rapids area. Clark is a growing organization and provides independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and access to other ancillary services. We pride ourselves on our Life Enrichment Montessori programming to create a high quality of life environment for our residents.
What We Offer:
Clark offers a benefits package that goes above and beyond.*
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including planned time off, sick time, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for Full Time employees
- Clark sponsored Health Savings Account
- 403(b) program with Clark match and annual contribution (age 21 or older)
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to promote lifelong learning and career advancement
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance – 100% coverage by Clark
- Easy access to public transportation
- Discounts to local and national companies
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Clark is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clark values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named on of “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for three years in a row.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.