Clark is a growing and developing Life Plan Community and we are looking for a Strategic Initiative Manager to join our Leadership Team. This role will be instrumental in the success of the organization's vision and strategy. The primary purpose of the role is to provide the overall direction, implementation, and completion of strategic initiative opportunities, as developed by Clark Leadership and approved by the Executive Leadership Team. This requires extensive project management, change management and organization behavior skills and abilities. The Strategic Initiative Manager also supports strategic decision-making across the organization to ensure the best deployment of Clark resources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures strategic initiatives are implemented, as directed by the Executive Leadership Team, to position the organization as an industry leader through our established strategic priorities.
- Partners with multi-disciplinary teams to design, implement and deliver strategic initiatives and process improvements, facilitating several projects simultaneously.
- Requires extensive project management, change management and organizational behavior skills and abilities, as well as the ability to work collaboratively and influence without authority.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Facilitates project status meetings including project team meetings, management meetings, and steering committee meetings.
- Regularly reports initiative status and progress to all constituents using a dashboard format, including the Executive Leadership Team and Governing Board from time to time, leveraging software and reporting tools for efficient and effective reporting.
- Coordinates, leads and motivates diverse cross-functional teams of internal and external resources.
- Proactively manages cross-functional interdependencies and risks, and devises contingency plans, to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Cultivates a working environment that supports change, flexibility and adaptability. Provides support to others to guide and assist with change management.
- Applies lean principles to areas where they can improve efficiencies throughout the organization, working with teams to develop standard process initiatives and a continuous improvement culture.
- Produces and tracks KPIs to measure ongoing success of implemented initiatives, when relevant, including return on investment. Makes recommendations for additional investments or changes based in results.
- Partners with Purchasing team and department leads to drive RFPs, including vendor selection, negotiation and contracting.
- Provides oversight and management of all assigned strategic project budgets.
- Participates in the Clark Leadership weekend on-call rotation and Leadership meetings.
- Strives to be a steward of Clark’s hospitality-focused culture, purpose, and mission while completing these duties and all others assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Five or more years of business experience, preferably in senior living industry
- Two or more years of supervisory and or management experience
- Previous project management and process improvement experience strongly preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening capabilities, superior presentation and writing skills
- Internally motivated, goal-oriented and self-directed with the ability to make timely recommendations and decisions
- Strong organization and time management skills with great attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Display negotiating skills both internally and externally. Be both direct and diplomatic, have a good sense of timing
- Effectively manage sensitive and confidential information, while maintaining a high level of poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships and contribute toward a positive work environment
- Flexible and responsive to change with strong problem-solving skills and solution-focused mindset
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and prioritize deliverables with competing deadlines
- Strong sense of ownership for deliverables and a sense of urgency to promptly resolve issues
- Possesses a strong professional presences and ability to work independently
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and computer skills
- Ability to use software to manage projects, track progress and report
Clark is a Life Plan Community with a continuum of care. Our staff of professionals are committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. Clark is a growing organization and provides independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and access to other ancillary services. We pride ourselves on our Life Enrichment Montessori programming to create a high quality of life environment for our residents.
What We Offer:
Clark offers a benefits package that goes above and beyond.*
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including planned time off, sick time, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Clark sponsored Health Savings Account
- 403(b) program with Clark match and annual contribution (age 21 or older)
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to promote lifelong learning and career advancement
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Clark
- Easy access to public transportation
- Discounts to local and national companies
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Clark is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clark values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for three years in a row.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.