U.S. News named Grand Rapids one of its best places to retire in 2020, citing our community's reasonable cost of living, flourishing art scene, and local healthcare offerings.
To that list, we'd add:
- Access to pristine parks, trails, and beaches
- A collection of fabulous museums, notably the Gerald. R. Ford Presidential Museum
- Thriving performing arts organizations including theatres, symphony, opera, and ballet
- Unprecedented spirit of philanthropy
- 15 public and private institutes of higher education
- An exciting food scene, plus the distinction of Beer City USA