Clark Foundation – Donor Database Coordinator
1551 Franklin St., Grand Rapids, MI 49506
5 years prior administrative experience in a fundraising function
The Clark Foundation is looking to fill its newest position, Development Database Coordinator, with an outgoing and enthusiastic candidate!
The Development Database Coordinator serves as a critically important member of the Clark Foundation’s team primarily responsible for data procurement, research and tracking. This position provides support to the department’s leadership including donor communications and recognition, prospect research, and financial reporting.
- Ensure donors are stewarded appropriately by managing Donor Perfect, working closely with all department members to provide accurate tracking and critical support to help advance donors’ relationship with Clark Foundation.
- Research donors and prospects to provide donor profiles and other intelligence-gathering information
- Write confidential prospect summaries/briefings
- Prepare customized materials for prospect and donor visits
- Responsible for keeping donor records, donation tracking, gift processing, and reconciliations
- Maintain financial records and reporting for the Foundation working directly with the VP of Development and Finance department.
- Support and help execute all annual appeals, direct mailings, newsletters
- Assist with the execution and support of the Foundation’s special events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years prior administrative experience in a fundraising function
- Proficient in Donor Perfect or similar development/donor or CRM system
- Ability to create and maintain financial records and reporting
- Positive attitude and creative, energetic spirit
- Strong research competence
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding relationship skills and ability to communicate with older adults.
- Excellent interpersonal ability, including written, oral and phone presence.
Clark is a Life Plan Community with a continuum of care. Our staff of professionals are committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. Clark at Franklin is located on the South East side of Grand Rapids, nearest to the East Grand Rapids area. Clark is a growing organization and provides independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and access to other ancillary services. We pride ourselves on our Life Enrichment Montessori programming to create a high quality of life environment for our residents.
What We Offer:
Clark offers a benefits package that goes above and beyond.*
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Affordable health insurance for full time employees, including: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, long and short term disability
- Basic Life insurance – 100% employer paid (for full and part time employees)
- Clark sponsored Health Savings Account
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including planned time off, sick time, and holidays – your birthday is a paid holiday!
- Opportunity for PTO Pay-Out twice a year
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental health services and legal & financial consultation
- 403(b) retirement program with Clark match and annual contribution (age 21 or older)
- Tuition reimbursement to promote lifelong learning and career advancement
- On-site fitness room
- Clark-sponsored Care.com membership for childcare
- Easy access to public transportation
- Discounts to local and national companies
- John Ball Zoo employee membership
- Next-day pay available through PayActiv
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Clark is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clark values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named on of “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for three years in a row.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.