A Legacy of Care and Compassion in West Michigan
Clark was founded in 1906 through a generous donation by Melvin and Emily Clark. We started as a home for retired Methodist ministers. Over the years, we’ve grown and evolved, but delivering compassionate care to our residents remains core to who we are.
Today, Clark is an ecumenical community, welcoming people from all walks of life and all faith backgrounds. We are a nonprofit Life Plan Community and home to nearly 500 residents. We employ over 400 people committed to serving older adults.
To create communities of dignity, compassion and respect centered on the lives of older adults and those who care for them.
Vibrant Communities and Person Centered Living Vibrant, Person-centered Living at Clark is being part of a community where my voice is valued, my life has purpose and I make choices about how I live every day. Clark nurtures my spirit and my need: To be well-known, To be in meaningful relationships, To feel secure and, To grow. Clark is about living…Residents, families, friends and staff.
We value communities where …
- the services provided reflect dignity, respect and compassion for residents, their families and the colleagues who serve them.
- services are resident-centered, shaped by individual need and choice.
- services are provided with a caring, holistic approach that is mindful of the health of the mind, body and spirit.
- high quality services are provided in the most effective and efficient manner.
- services reflect a commitment to Christian values, respectful of the faiths of the world, in the tradition of the United Methodist Church.
- the services provided reflect respect for the cultural and ethnic differences of residents, their families and the colleagues who serve them.
- services will continue for residents who no longer have the ability to pay for them.
- our staff brings to life the mission of Clark Retirement Community. It is through their caring and dedicated service that our residents experience true dignity, compassion and respect.
- staff providing the services are treated with dignity, compassion and respect
Learn about our Clark Promise.