UPDATE: April 15, 2020 – 2:00 p.m.
We are happy to report our infection control measures have prevented the spread of COVID-19 in the Kilbourne Center. We continue to monitor all residents for signs and symptoms and are checking their temperatures on a daily basis. Our resident who tested positive remains in quarantine under the loving care of our staff.
Here’s a quick look at recent resident engagement activities:
- To celebrate Easter, many residents painted stained glass crosses to tape to their windows. Renee Parham, our Life Enrichment Specialist, shared an Easter basket with goodies and spent time reminiscing about Easter and other special holidays.
- One on one video music therapy has been so beneficial! Lindsey, our Music Therapist, plays music tailored to each resident. She delighted one resident with the music of Elton John and played the piano and sang hymns for another.
- Residents are looking good wearing colorful masks that were donated by a Kilbourne Center family member. Thank you for your kindness!
- We’ve been chatting up a storm! Last week 13 residents and families spent virtual time together and we have 16 more sessions planned for this week!
- This week we bid adieu to Shelbie Marble, our student intern from Central Michigan University. Shelbie touched many lives with her warm and genuine spirit, we will miss her.
As always, we thank you for your continued understanding and support.
We are Community.
We are Clark.