UPDATE: March 18, 2020 – 1:30 p.m.
We know you may be concerned about your loved one feeling isolated at this time. Our Life Enrichment team along with other departments have been working behind the scenes to develop creative and fun ways to keep residents engaged and to bring joy to their days.
Here’s what we’re doing:
Our staff is delivering fresh baked cookies to residents on Tuesday and Friday afternoons. This provides one more opportunity to check in on every resident.
Members of the Clark staff are calling residents who we don’t have direct contact with every few days to see if they have any needs and for a quick chat.
Franklin Community Channel 15 In-House TV Station
Channel 15 is the in-house TV station for our Franklin community. In addition to regularly scheduled programs, we are adding new options including:
- “The Weekly Beat with Brian Pangle” on Tuesdays
- Exercise on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Rotating programs on Wednesdays such as Travelogues, short documentaries, etc.
- BINGO LIVE! On Thursdays
- Spiritual programming throughout the week.
We are continually adding educational and stimulating content!
Motivation in “Isolated” Areas
Our Assisted Living/Memory Care and Skilled Nursing staff are finding creative ways to motivate residents. We offer very small group activities while maintaining social distancing, 1:1 music therapy, and several in-room activities.
The Clark Resident App “TouchTown”
We have a wonderful Resident App that allows us to share information with residents in real-time. The app has links to many resources for communication and ways to connect with the outside community. If you would like access to the app please click here for instructions.
Visit Via Skype
Skype is a wonderful way for you to “see” your loved one! We have several computers and phones available to assist with Skype visits. If you would like to arrange a visit please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, include your phone number, name of your family member and their location within our community. Please understand Skype visits will be scheduled for specific times and are not available on demand.
Wave Through a Window
Depending on where your loved one resides you may be able wave at them through a window! Schedule a time with them to meet for a wave and even blow kisses!
- In addition to our email and website communications our Assisted Living/Memory Care and Skilled Nursing staff are routinely connecting with designated family members.
- Thank you for sending supplies to your loved ones. We encourage you to include notes of encouragement and maybe some chocolate!
- Our Clark COVID-19 Task Force is comprised of over 20 staff members and residents. We meet daily at 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to address needs as they evolve. We are grateful for technology that allows us to meet virtually!
We are so grateful to our residents, staff and families for their continued support and patience. Please be safe.