COVID-19 Update: May 7, 2020
May 7, 2020, 4:00 p.m.
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases at Keller Lake – Windsor Manor
Yesterday we learned a resident and an employee at Keller Lake – Windsor Manor tested positive for coronavirus. We communicated on May 1 an employee from the same area tested positive. Since learning of the new positive cases, we have taken the following actions:
- At the recommendation of the Kent County Health Department and our Medical
Director, Dr. Jim Passinault we are conducting COVID-19 testing on all Windsor Manor residents and staff at Windsor and Oxford Manor. Testing began last evening and will conclude today. We will have test results within 24-48 hours
- Last evening, we contacted Windsor Manor family emergency contacts to notify them of the testing
- The resident is isolated in their apartment and is being cared for by one designated staff person per shift. Designated staff will not have contact with other Windsor Manor residents during the isolation period
- Both employees who tested positive have not worked at Windsor Manor since April 29 and were not symptomatic at that time. Employees who test positive many not return to work until released by their primary care physician and Dr. Passinault
- Windsor Manor residents have been in quarantine since May 1, the quarantine will continue until deemed safe to end the quarantine
- In both Clark communities where clinical care is provided, we are segregating staff to work in specific areas to eliminate cross-over staffing
- In addition, we have many measures in place to increase safety and limit unnecessary exposure:
- Providing appropriate PPE for our staff
- Extra cleaning throughout our communities and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas
- Adhering to rigorous quality and safety practices and infection control guidelines
- Screening all staff before they enter communities and limiting the number of
contracted medical professions who enter buildings
- Requiring everyone wear a face mask in hallways and common areas
- Following the executive order not allowing visitors inside Windsor/Oxford Manors or inside the Franklin campus main building
Thank you for your continued understanding and patience during this challenging time. We ask that you keep our residents and staff in your thoughts and prayers.
We are Community.
We are Clark.