UPDATE: May 8, 2020 – 4:30 p.m.
It’s wonderful we set aside one day of the year to honor our Mother’s, even though it’s something we do often in many ways. My mother and I can’t be together this year because she and my dad live in a community similar to Clark. I will miss giving her a hug and spending time together, but I will celebrate her in my heart just like so many of you will be doing this year.
On behalf of the Clark staff we extend Happy Mother’s Day wishes to moms, daughters, sisters, grandmas, aunts, and all the special women who have shaped our lives with their love, guidance and faith.
“I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” Abraham Lincoln
The Mother’s Day flowers from Southside Flower Shop arrived—they are stunning! A big thank you to Southside Flower Shop for donating 10% of their proceeds to the Clark COVID-19 Emergency Care Fund.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.
Governor Whitmer extended the Stay Home, Stay Safe executive order through May 28. We know this has been difficult for residents and loved ones and feel we have an opportunity to resume “window visits” from the outside of our buildings. If you choose to engage in this safe outdoor activity you must abide by the rules established by our Task Force. We have various procedures based on where residents live within our communities:
Franklin Independent Living - Terrace Apartments, Sherman Street Apartments and Manor Apartments
- Visit outside the window of your loved one. Due to social distancing limitations, visits cannot take place from the main entrance
- Weekends and evenings only: window visits can also take place from the deck off of the BK room located in the Sherman Street parking lot – use the rust colored stairs. Social distancing areas will be marked off in the BK Room for resident safety (Residents cannot go outside to the patio).
- You must maintain a distance of 6 feet from everyone
- You must wear a face mask
- Windows and doors cannot be opened
- Preschedule your visit with your loved one before coming to the campus
Franklin Independent Living – Towne Homes and Sherman Court
- Towne Home and Sherman Court residents are still not allowed to enter the main building
- We encourage family and friends to adhere to the Stay Safe. Stay Home executive
order, having visitors is at your discretion
Franklin 3rd and 4th Floor Assisted Living and Memory Care
Assisted Living window visits are prescheduled with our staff. Please contact Lisa Spangler at 616-278-6608 or the floor nurse.
Emotional Well Being
Clark is committed to supporting the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health of our residents. To that end, we created a Resident Mental Health Task Force whose charge is to enhance our focus on emotional wellbeing. Their first initiative is a resident emotional health survey of Independent Living residents. The survey results will be used to develop additional resources and programming.
Our COVID-19 Task Force is planning ahead for what our communities will look like in the weeks and months to come. Paramount to every plan is resident safety. We have over 125 tasks focusing on areas such as reopening our dining rooms, allowing visitors, and resuming group activities. We don’t know when we will begin implementing changes but will be ready when the time is right!
We are Community.
We are Clark.