3rd Shift RN/LPN Nurse Supervisor – Keller Lake Campus
2499 Forest Hill Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
2 years or more of Nurse Supervisory experience
High School Diploma or GED (2-year Degree Preferred)
Clark at Keller Lake is in search of a 3rd Shift RN/LPN Supervisor to lead its great care staff in providing loving, quality care to its amazing residents! Clark at Keller Lake offers a progressive, team-orientated approach to its Assisted Living environment all nestled on a beautiful Lake! If you have several years of Nurse Supervisory experience in an Assisted Living environment, and this sounds like a role for you, then please fill out the application to be considered for this great opportunity today!
- Will provide guidance and direction to assigned nurses and care aides ensuring our residents receive specialized care in a comfortable and peaceful environment that promotes health and wellness.
- Communicates with residents, families and designated representatives about resident care issues.
- Trains and observes staff with medication distribution and treatments so they are performed according to policies and procedures. Assists as needed
- Receives, reviews and notes physician and pharmacy orders, x-ray and lab reports and therapy recommendations. Draws blood as needed.
- Assesses and reports change of condition to physician as necessary and appropriate.
- Regularly reviews and updates service plans, medical records, activity plans and care guides.
- Assures appropriate documentation is completed as required, verbally and written utilizing computer when necessary.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about matters affecting the operations, residents, families and employees.
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental issues related to personal safety and create an environment that ensures the safety of residents, visitors, and employees. Follows protocols when an incident occurs.
- Will be responsible for reviewing daily reports for appropriateness and follow through; ensure the completion of requested reports, i.e., infection control, pharmacy compliance, quality management, etc.
- Anticipates resident needs in order to redirect before challenging behavior occurs.
- Use effective and innovative approaches to deal with challenging behaviors to diminish negative outcomes.
- Gathers information and reviews Quality Assurance monitors.
- Works with scheduler to ensure that appropriate number of employees is on for each shift while minimizing overtime. Creates daily assignments for staff utilizing the census as a guide and understands staffing demands.
- Receives calls and finds replacements for absent staff during non-business hours.
- Participates in interviews, training, mentoring, discipline and performs performance appraisals with employees in a timely manner.
- Receives and resolves employee complaints.
- Works with outside agencies and vendors to enhance services offered to residents.
- Attends and conducts staff meetings and in-service training as required.
- Complies and enforces licensing rules and regulations.
- Adheres to the principles of Service Excellence.
- Takes call as assigned.
- All of duties as requested
- Valid RN/LPN License
- 2 years or more of Assisted Living Supervisory experience
- High School diploma (2 yr Degree Preferred)
- Monday – Friday availability
- On-Call rotation every 4th weekend
Clark is a Life Plan Community with a continuum of care. Our staff of professionals are committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. Clark at Franklin is located on the South East side of Grand Rapids, nearest to the East Grand Rapids area. Clark is a growing organization and provides independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and access to other ancillary services. We pride ourselves on our Life Enrichment Montessori programming to create a high quality of life environment for our residents.
What We Offer:
Clark offers a benefits package that goes above and beyond.*
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including planned time off, sick time, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for Full Time employees
- Clark sponsored Health Savings Account
- 403(b) program with Clark match and annual contribution (age 21 or older)
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to promote lifelong learning and career advancement
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance – 100% coverage by Clark
- Easy access to public transportation
- Discounts to local and national companies
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Clark is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clark values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named on of “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for three years in a row.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.