Accounts Payable Coordinator
1551 Franklin St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
High school diploma
The part-time accounts payable coordinator is primarily responsible for the accounts payable processing function for the community as well as other bookkeeping/accounting functions in conjunction with the billing/Medicare specialist.
- Accounts Payable Duties:
- Copies and distributes invoices received to appropriate department managers or Clark leadership.
- Copies returned invoices and summaries and forwards to corporate Finance for check processing.
- Maintains vendor files.
- Reconciles vendor statements.
- Follows up on unpaid invoices, past due balances, and vendor inquiries.
- Reconciles any petty cash funds within the facility on a routine basis and processes the replenishment request.
- Teamwork and participation:
- Maintains an effective relationship with all departments and professional staff
- Participates on community committees as assigned
- Reporting and response:
- Reports verbally or in writing unusual resident behavior to supervisory personnel or a representative of the nursing department.
- Reports verbally or in writing concerns expressed by family members, visitors, or other persons visiting the facility to supervisory personnel or a representative of the nursing department.
- Communicates, either verbally or in writing, any problems or concerns to his/her supervisor.
- Reports all equipment malfunctions/breakdowns and other maintenance needs to supervisory personnel.
- Responds to emergency situations effectively and efficiently and, in case of an emergency, provides direct assistance to residents in evacuating building
- Training requirements:
- Attends required in-service meetings and departmental staff meetings and completes any written, verbal, or visual requirements.
- Receives knowledge of and demonstrates the ability to perform all fire & safety, tornado, and disaster evacuation procedures and participates in all subsequent disaster preparedness training exercises.
- Maintains knowledge and training in exposure control plan and universal precautions.
- Attends continuing educational workshops and seminars at the discretion of Clark leadership.
- Interacts with residents in a cheerful and positive manner and shall be respectful of resident’s personal belongings.
- Performs all other duties as requested by the leadership team.
A high school diploma, together with successful work related experience/training in general bookkeeping/accounting functions, is required.
Must be able to acquire sufficient knowledge and learn new skills through on-the-job training and instructions to satisfactorily meet job performance requirements at the end of the introductory period.
Additionally, the employee must demonstrate the following:
- ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- basic computer related skills;
- experience with (or capacity to learn) basic/standard computer systems (billing programs, electronic spreadsheets, word processing) and office equipment, and other skills as required.
Clark is a Life Plan Community with a continuum of care. Our staff of professionals are committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. Clark at Franklin is located on the South East side of Grand Rapids, nearest to the East Grand Rapids area. Clark is a growing organization and provides independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and access to other ancillary services. We pride ourselves on our Life Enrichment Montessori programming to create a high quality of life environment for our residents.
What We Offer:
Clark offers a benefits package that goes above and beyond.*
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including planned time off, sick time, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Clark sponsored Health Savings Account
- 403(b) program with Clark match and annual contribution (age 21 or older)
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to promote lifelong learning and career advancement
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance – 100% coverage by Clark
- Easy access to public transportation
- Discounts to local and national companies
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Clark is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clark values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named on of “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for three years in a row.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.