1551 Franklin St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506
5+ Years in Senior Living
MSW or LLMSW
We are growing our team at Clark Retirement Community – Franklin Campus, and Social Workers who are wishing to spark lives and become a part of a top-notch Life Plan Community are encouraged to apply. Our Community Social Worker will promote the well-being of each resident served and serve as a resource/advocate for residents in Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing, families, and team members.
- Performs diverse social and therapeutic services that include being knowledgeable on public and private resources available in the community to enhance or maintain each resident’s highest practicable psychosocial well-being for the enrichment of quality of life
- Provide services that encompass a unique combination of physical, psychological and social interventions and family support;
- Develop relationships with residents, families and staff and have an open-door policy;
- Collaborates with residents, and their families to facilitate understanding of care needed;
- Facilitates and help coordinate care conferences, support groups, and family meetings;
- Manages grievance/concerns from residents and/or family members, tracks and follow-ups with appropriate departments;
- Demonstrates social work ethics in daily practice and incorporates the facility philosophy and mission every day, emphasizing resident empowerment and self-determination;
- Utilizes clinical judgment and expertise to coordinate care management/behavioral health interventions and appropriate referrals;
- Must possess understanding of technical and clinical criteria required to cover Medicare beneficiaries in skilled nursing;
- Support the timely and accurate completion of the MDS for all assigned residents.
- Responds to crisis situations to assist with appropriate interventions;
- Coordinates with psychiatric services and communicates orders to physicians;
- Participates in providing education programs to residents, families and staff;
- Identifies and ensures personal needs of residents are attended to;
- Develop linkages with community resources to best serve residents and families
- Maintenance of resident’s medical records and reports mandated by federal, state and local laws and facility policies;
- Oversight and development of procedures to ensure that adequate documentation of social work services are provided consistent with goals and objectives.
- Proficient in resident’s rights;
- Involvement in pre-admission services, including the assessment and evaluation of incoming resident;
- Facilitate and support the safe integration of the resident into the community, including transfers and discharges in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary team
- Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW), or Limited Licensed Master of Social Work (LLMSW)
- 5+ years of postgraduate experience in a Senior Living environment
Clark is a Life Plan Community with a continuum of care. Our staff of professionals are committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. Clark at Franklin is located on the South East side of Grand Rapids, nearest to the East Grand Rapids area. Clark is a growing organization and provides independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and access to other ancillary services. We pride ourselves on our Life Enrichment Montessori programming to create a high quality of life environment for our residents.
What We Offer:
Clark offers a benefits package that goes above and beyond!
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including planned time off, sick time, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for Full Time employees
- Clark sponsored Health Savings Account, with eligible medical plan
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Clark match (age 21 or older)
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to promote lifelong learning and career advancement
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance – 100% coverage by Clark
- Easy access to public transportation
- Discounts to local and national companies
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Clark is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clark values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for sixteen years in a row!
When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.