Clark Retirement is seeking a high level leader to fulfill the Maintenance Supervis role. This role requires a candidate with technical maintenance and environmental knowledge along with competent leadership abilities. An ideal candidate can manage projects, source and manage the quote process with vendors, lead and hold accountable a team in the areas of maintenance, capital projects, environmental services, and security.
This opportunity offers great front facing time with staff of all levels and the wonderful residents who live at our Life Plan Community.
Whether it’s routine maintenance or exciting capital projects to improve our accommodations, this role empowers an area expert to lead the way, make recommendations and decisions, and remain goal orientated.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership for the day to day operations for the Facilities Maintenance Team
- Reviews analysis of performance including financial and productivity data for areas of responsibility and makes appropriate changes in strategies, goals and objectives responding to current status and conditions.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for maintenance work orders to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed.
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors.
- Provide effective team and project management duties, including overseeing project completion timelines, monitoring project costs, and ensuring client needs are met.
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Strives to be a steward of Clark’s hospitality-focused culture and mission while completing these duties and all others assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Construction Management, Project Management, Business or related studies is preferred.
- Five or more years of business experience, preferably in the Life Plan Community or Senior Living Industry
- Experience with process improvement, project management, maintenance, environmental services, and building grounds is ideal.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Understand current and possible trends in areas of Capital Projects/Facilities renovations, safety/security, and housekeeping
- Earn and remain widely trusted
- Meet and exceed deadline expectations on a consistent basis
- Display negotiating skills both internal and externally. Be both direct and diplomatic, have a good sense of timing
- Effectively manage sensitive and confidential information, while maintain a high level of poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Effectively share information in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups with peers, direct reports, etc.
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Ability to remain stationary for moderate periods of time and occasionally move about the campuses
- Ability to occasionally kneel, bend, twist at the waist, and push/pull/pick-up up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to operate a computer to observe and document work and a telephone for communication.
Clark is a Life Plan Community with a continuum of care. Our staff of professionals are committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. Clark at Franklin is located on the South East side of Grand Rapids, nearest to the East Grand Rapids area. Clark at Keller Lake is located about 15 miles south east of the main campus. Job responsibilities are required in at both locations.
Clark is a growing organization and provides independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and access to other ancillary services. We pride ourselves on our Life Enrichment Montessori programming to create a high quality of life environment for our residents.
What We Offer:
Clark offers a benefits package that goes above and beyond.*
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including planned time off, sick time, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Clark sponsored Health Savings Account
- 403(b) program with Clark match and annual contribution (age 21 or older)
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to promote lifelong learning and career advancement
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance – 100% coverage by Clark
- Easy access to public transportation
- Discounts to local and national companies
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Clark is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clark values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named on of “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for three years in a row.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.